3.28.2011

Hipster-Domania

Last night I went to see Toro y Moi & Braids at The Crocodile in Seattle. Radical show.

This radical show was on a planet called Hipster-Domania.

On Hipster-Domania all the girls wear some combination of leggings, skirts, dirty shoes, something high-wasited, baggy tees, and of course, big grandma glasses.

I felt exposed without my beanie, but I had on Toms and a black & grey flannel T-shirt so I am pretty positive nobody detected my outsiderness.

After thought: Why do all hipsters have bad eye sight?

Maybe so many of them were wearing glasses so they could get a clear vision of the swirling colors and shapes on the projection screen. Hm, wonder what that was for?

Anyhoo, I personally love hipsters and I listen to "hipster music" and I like "hipster stuff." Hmm, if the shoe fits...Although, I would never be a true hipster because when asked if I am a hipster I would probably just say yes.

Oh and a piece of advice, if you ever find yourself on planet Hipster-Domania, NEVER EVER say the word "HIPSTER." Awkwardo.

Instead, you can do what I did after I made this boo-boo and just use the word "hamster."

No comments:

Post a Comment